We are pleased to share with the community the plans and updates regarding the new construction to take place on the current campus at 5885 Selford Rd. As the building process begins, the BCPS system will initiate a school boundary change process which is detailed below. Please direct your questions regarding this process to our principal, Lisa Dingle, via her school email:
Check back frequently for the latest updates on construction as they become available.
Click here to access a letter about the new school boundary study process.
Southwest Area Elementary Boundary Process
The School Boundary Study connects directly to the Southwest Area Construction Update page. On the webpage you will find:
- A letter addressed to all SW area parents about the construction process
- An informational Power Point about the construction status
- A FAQ page about the process of the boundary changes
The Southwest Boundary Committee consists of a teacher, two representatives from each school, and a principal. The members of the Southwest Boundary Committee from Relay Elementary are:
Mrs. Shaunta Chapple, parent
Ms. Jane Allen, parent
Ms. Lisa Dingle, Principal
Ms. Patricia Wilding, STAT teacher
We want to thank the teacher and two community members who expressed interest in serving on the committee.
There are multiple ways that the Relay community-at-large can stay informed about the boundary change process. Please feel free to:
1. Visit the BCPS website regularly to view all information pertaining to the committee and boundary change process.
2. Watch the boundary study committees online (live or previously recorded).
3. Attend and observe boundary study committee meetings (meetings are open to the public, but participation is limited to committee members only).
4. Attend public information sessions to review the committee's draft recommendations and engage in conversation with said committee members about boundary change considerations.
5. Participate in the online survey to provide input and comments on the committee's draft recommendations.
6. Attend board meetings and participate in general public comment and/or write to the Board.
7. Attend the Board's public hearing specific to the boundary change decision under consideration.
Check out the Boundary Study timeline below! Click on the image to download the PDF.